Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I've been thinking

I am on the Internet at least 60% of the time I spend awake. Why don't I comment on the random things I find interesting? Great question, I will begin now thanks.

Last night I went to my first Los Angeles Dodgers game, and I must admit I had a good time. Attending a sporting event in LA is very comparable to attending one in the South, aside from what I perceive to be cultural differences. Here are a few examples of what I mean by this:
  • When the two fans making the most noise for the home team are wearing Atlanta Braves and University of Alabama hats respectively there's a problem.
  • The game starts in the 1st inning not the 5th, and it ends in the 9th not the 7th. Please plan accordingly.
  • Flasks work much better than spending $10 per 16 ounce beer.
Being at a game with more than 50,000 people was an awesome experience, though I would much rather have been at an SEC football game. This CNNSI article goes into some of the differences between college football and professional sports.

No comments: